Dr. Cocoa Puffs

Vollidioten labern lassen verhindert Kapitalverbrechen

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Berlin, Berlin

The Guitar Hero and I are on vacation for the next 2 weeks. Originally we'd planned to stay in Hamburg and hang out as we're trying to save money, but fuck it. We need to get out of Dodge. So we're off to Berlin for a couple of days to enjoy some of that famous Berliner Schnauze (as opposed to the oh-so-friendly Hanseatische Kühle). Anyway, Berlin has lots of great shopping, lots of good, cheap food (mmm...falafel), great cinemas and, of course, Berliner Weiße, one of my all-time favorite drinks. And which I've unfortunately yet to find in Hamburg and have been craving for the past two years since our last vacation to Berlin. I told the Guitar Hero I just might drink Berliner Weiße with every meal to catch up on what I've been missing. His response was surprisingly and scarily positive - he says I make for a jolly drunk and am easy to get along with. Anyone see vodka cornflakes in my future?

1 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Satria said…

    You can't find Berliner Weisse in Hamburg? Odd. I only spent a few days there and saw it at least on one if not several menus. Try "Sol" on Eppendorfer Landstraße. Or maybe it was nearby "Cafe Lindtner". Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if it was at "Hopi", where I went with you and Hobo Hendrix. Could've also been "Die Raute" at the AOL Arena. Guess you never go there... Or it was "Herzblut" on Reeperbahn. Or the "Lesecafe" in Stadtpark. Hmmmm. I would check out the first two, though. Good luck.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home