Dr. Cocoa Puffs

Vollidioten labern lassen verhindert Kapitalverbrechen

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Dr. Klass and Good Service in the Vaterland

First things first: I was able to finish the sewing project with no further catastrophes. I'm now in possession of a pair of cords that don't drag on the ground making me trip over my own damn feet and look like more of an ass than usual. If I were more talented or the owner of a digital camera (hint, hint birthday and Christmas gift buyers!), I'd post some pictures of my sewing talent. Yay me!

Secondly, my junk food addiction has revealed a new, positive side of Hamburg to me. The other night the Guitar Hero dropped by a little sports bar/restaurant next door for some mozzarella sticks. This place, Paco's, has the best mozzarella sticks around and the Junk Food Slut in me was craving some. We've had some problems with them not having them in stock in the past, so imagine my horror when I discovered they no longer had them on the menu. Not on the menu! We asked the waitress if they really, truly didn't have them anymore. Luckily, the manager recognized us and our mozzarella dilemma and came over to explain the situation. The sticks, in all their delicious deep-fried goodness, were expensive, Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis, yada yada yada. Long story short: the owner used to drive to Lüneburg, an hour's drive away, just to get the sticks. In a bold move, unlike anything I've ever experienced in the Vaterland before, the manager offered us a brilliant deal: if we give them a week's notice, they will pick us up some sticks for us. We don't have to live a mozzarella stick-less existence or lower our standards for lesser sticks. I've heard of fancy schmancy restaurants doing things like this for really expensive items like truffels but a neighborhood sports bar doing it for mozzarella sticks? That, my friends, rocks. I have a restaurant (in Germany, for God's sake!) willing to go the extra mile to load me up with junk food. And that is why I'm the Doctor with Klass!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Satria said…

    What a touching story. Those junk food tales always move me to tears.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home