Dr. Cocoa Puffs

Vollidioten labern lassen verhindert Kapitalverbrechen

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bought a bag!

Thanks to some advice from Ms. Allie and a discount, I ordered this little gem. It should come in handy come May when the Guitar Hero and I are traipsing around the States on my business trip. Yes, grown-up me is being sent to visit some American partners and go to a big conference in DC. Cool, weird and nerve-wracking, all at the same time.

The Guitar Hero's on a mission, too, and that's to travel with one bag only. We've been checking out innovative ways of space-saving packing, and I think about how far we've come in the past seven years. This is the man who carried a portable chess computer and tupperware full of snacks on our first overseas trip together because 'you never know'; actually, he carried that chess computer and snacks with him just about everywhere. The latter can be blamed on his German-ness, the former's just weird.

In other news, we discovered that Friskie might just be more clever than any of us thought. Last Saturday morning, we awoke at 7:30 to the sound of our neighbor knocking on our OPEN apartment door. The cat, of course, was nowhere in the apartment - the Guitar Hero found her in the stairwell, down several flights. That damn cat had apparently decided she'd had enough of our weekend late-sleeping shenanigans and decided to go an adventure, probably to find food. Needless to say, we're being more careful about double-locking the door. I tried to tell the Guitar Hero that a dog, say a beagle, would have warned us, but he's not buying it. Damn.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now I will take the chess computer, lots of snacks and a portable stereo system with me. Just to spite you.

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said…

    Oooh yay, let me know how you like the bag! I used my shopper yesterday to cart all my files, documents and my 17+ laptop to the accountant for our taxes! :) I love that thing, use it all the time!

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When Guitar Hero said he wanted to take one bag with him on the trip, he meant you. You gotta admit I'm still damn witty. You know, D.C. is only a couple hours from Philly if you and Guitar hero decide to be adventerous and visit the city of murder (I changed it from brotherly love, because that just ain't so), you could see the Wacker family. Actually I refer to them as my two little red heads. Statistically, I know, that shouldn't have happened, but it is what it is. Genes don't give a rats ass about stats. Hope all is well on that side of the pond. Chuss!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home