Dr. Cocoa Puffs

Vollidioten labern lassen verhindert Kapitalverbrechen

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Innernets cookin'

As I mentioned a few posts ago, the cooking hormones have kicked in again. And even though I have shelves full of cookbooks (seriously, around 50 of them are taking up precious bookshelf space), I've been wandering the net looking for simple but delicious recipes. So far, I've tried out these three:
- chick pea salad. Perfect because it only calls for 4 ingredients. Making it takes all of five minutes.
- cold sesame noodles. Maybe not perfect, but damn good. Simplest peanut sauce recipe I've come across. BTW, I used vegetable broth instead of chicken, and I added carrots and dropped the scallions (not a huge fan of the onion family).
- maple breakfast loaf. Perfect because I always have the ingredients (in one form or another) on hand. Also perfect because it doesn't have eggs, which I hardly ever have in the house. Have I mentioned my egg aversion?

Here a few others I have bookmarked for future cooking runs:
- biscuit muffins - biscuits but without the pesky rolling-out part
- tuna pasta salad - I think I'd make it with the edamame. Could be good in a laptop lunchbox.
- eggrolls - not what I would categorize under simple, but it sounds delicious. Maybe I can con the Guitar Hero into taking over head chef responsiblity for this one.

And this one could be good, but I wonder if I would actually go to the trouble of making them. I think gorging on regular potato chips once in awhile is perfectly acceptable.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger kickpleat said…

    glad you loved the breakfast cake! i haven't made it in awhile and i think it's about time i did.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home