Dr. Cocoa Puffs

Vollidioten labern lassen verhindert Kapitalverbrechen

Thursday, May 17, 2007

American Idol I am not

Last night the Guitar Hero and I had some friends over for a little karaoke. And guess what we discovered? I suck. Really. I had the worse score of all of us on the little singstar game. According to singstar, I can't carry a tune to save my life. For those who have had the (mis)fortune to hear me sing, this might not come as the biggest surprise. On the other hand, perhaps my sad, sad scores had to do with my choice in songs. I guess I really don't sound like Mick Jagger or OutKast. I was somewhat better at the rapping parts. Maybe there's a place in the music business for a mid-thirties middle-classe white female hip-hopper with no street cred?
At any rate, I guess we can add this to the list of things I'm not any good at. Here's a partial list:
1) physics
2) sports, particularly those involving running and catching/throwing/hitting balls
3) finding the 8 count in dancing
4) singing

To offset my suckiness and save my self-esteem, here are a few things I'm good at:
1) acting
2) cooking
3) shopping
4) Trivial Pursuit

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just four? I could come up with lots more. For instance, I personally know no one else who is better at

    1.writing texts that make me laugh
    2.analyzing literature
    3.coming up with cool ideas for outfits (and sewing some yourself)
    4.learning languages
    5.staying polite in the company of rude and/or stupid people (necessary survival skill here)
    6.finding amazing stuff on the internet
    7.coming up with cat-names
    8.decorating
    9.making travel arrangements
    10. impressing people with a seemingly endless knowledge of useless but fun trivia

    Also, raise your hand if you believe that a soulless Playstation is perhaps not the best judge of what makes a great singer.

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Skattebol said…

    I have to agree with Guitar Hero. Love his list. There are many, many things you do quite well. I am not sure I have actually ever heard you sing, but if you sound like me.... well, I am not sure that anyone in our family was graced with the ability to carry a tune...

     
  • At 12:36 AM, Blogger Hooker said…

    I'm the worst at guitar hero and I've played real guitar for like 15 years.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home