- chick pea salad. Perfect because it only calls for 4 ingredients. Making it takes all of five minutes.
- cold sesame noodles. Maybe not perfect, but damn good. Simplest peanut sauce recipe I've come across. BTW, I used vegetable broth instead of chicken, and I added carrots and dropped the scallions (not a huge fan of the onion family).
- maple breakfast loaf. Perfect because I always have the ingredients (in one form or another) on hand. Also perfect because it doesn't have eggs, which I hardly ever have in the house. Have I mentioned my egg aversion?
Here a few others I have bookmarked for future cooking runs:
- biscuit muffins - biscuits but without the pesky rolling-out part
- tuna pasta salad - I think I'd make it with the edamame. Could be good in a laptop lunchbox.
- eggrolls - not what I would categorize under simple, but it sounds delicious. Maybe I can con the Guitar Hero into taking over head chef responsiblity for this one.
And this one could be good, but I wonder if I would actually go to the trouble of making them. I think gorging on regular potato chips once in awhile is perfectly acceptable.